Tuesday 4 January 2011

Welcome 2011 !

I love christmas but for the first time ever I was glad to see christmas over and done with and able to look forward to the new year.
Of course 2010 was an exciting year, what with the opening of Tenderfoot and the excitement of a new business and new friendships etc...But it did not come alone, a week prior to opening the shop I was organising my annual charity ball on behalf of the childrens hospital cardiac unit where my daughter Ellie had open heart surgery 3 years ago.Then afew days later my Mum had a heart attack and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks and having a pacemaker fitted.  That meant trips back and forth to the hospital whilst also trying to get the shop finished and keep the family happy.  Then came the grand opening and since then poor Lori has kind of been deserted as the family has been ill pretty much one after the other. 
I can stand back and look around the shop and it doesn't feel real at the moment, my dream of opening a little gift shop has happened but it almost doesn't feel that it has happened to me.  I feel like an onlooker, watching someone else do it.  Tomorrow is my first day back at the shop, the christmas trimmings will come down and a new look for the new year, lots of new stock to purchase, maybe I will get in the swing of things now with renewed energy.
I am feeling excited about some new classes in the pipeline, new year always seems like a good time to learn something new, broaden your horizons, get creative.  I know lori is planning some exciting stuff .
So if you haven't met me at the shop, hopefully I will be there abit more this year and look forward to seeing some new faces.  I'm looking forward to spending some more time with lori who always puts a smile on my face and making a start on our crafty projects we have been planning. 
Don't forget our coffee mornings and crafternoon session, come along with something crafty and sample some of our yummy cakes and have a good old natter.
HAPPY NEW YEAR AND SEE YOU SOON
HELEN X

No comments:

Post a Comment